This healthy and delicious pesto recipe will help pep up a boring dish.
- 1 Medium Red Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Crushed Almonds / Pine Nuts
- 1 Tablespoon of Crushed Garlic Paste
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Oreganum (or finely chopped fresh Oreganum)
- 1 Teaspoon of Powdered Parmesan
- 1 Teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chilli Flakes (optional)
- Line an oven tray with tinfoil.
- Place the red-pepper on the tinfoil and set the grill to high.
- While that is grilling, add the olive oil, Oreganum, Parmesan, Smoked Paprika, and optionally the chilli flakes to a container that is suitable to use a stick blender within.
- You will need to rotate the red-pepper so that it blackens on all sides.
- When the red-pepper is almost done, add the spoon of garlic paste to a clean area of the tinfoil.
- Once the redpepper is done remove it and the garlic. The garlic can go into the container with the rest of the ingredients, but leave the redpepper to cool.
- Once the redpepper is cool, peel off the blackened skin, scrape out the seeds and add it to the other ingredients.
- Use a stick blender on the mixture to smoothish.
- Stir in the crushed almonds.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for regular use for around a week or two.
- Store in freezer up to a month (ice trays are ideal).