This healthy pancake batter is super quick to make and contains no flour!
- 1 Small Banana
- 1 Egg
- 1 Small palm-full of Raw Cashews
- 1 or 2 Teaspoons of Coconut Oil for frying
- Cinnamon for sprinkling – To taste
- 2 Tablespoons of Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice (or Lemon if you prefer)
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- Heat coconut oil in a pan.
- Use a stick blender to mix up the banana and egg into a batter.
- Crush cashews with a mortar and pestle.
- Stir crushed cashews into batter mixture.
- Add half the batter to the pan (because the batter is enough for 2 pancakes) and spread out with a spatula.
- Flip pancake over to cook the other side
- Once it resembles a cooked pancake, plate it.
- Repeat with other half of batter for a second pancake.
- For the citrus syrup, mix 2 parts orange juice with 1 part honey to form a syrup to pour over pancakes.
- Once both pancakes are cooked and plated, pour over syrup, Sprinkle with Cinnamon, roll up & enjoy.
- Recipe inspired by Blogilates.
- I like to add an extra egg white to increase the protein content.
- If you don’t have a stick blender, mash the banana into a pulp with a potato masher and then mix the egg into the banana pulp with a fork
- If you don’t have a mortar and pestle, you can put them into a sandwich bag and crush them with the back of a spoon.
- You could mix in other items in the batter such as a few golden sultanas or pomegranate seeds to sweeten it up even further, or perhaps some crushed dark chocolate.
- I find that 2 spoons of orange juice and 1 spoon of honey is enough for both pancakes.