As a rule, you should try and avoid eating bread, but at least if you make your own, you know there is no extra bad stuff in there (like GMO Soya, etc). This bread only takes about 10 minutes to bake…
- 1 Cup of Flour + a little extra for the rolling pin
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Cup (30ml) Extra Virgin Olive Oil + a little extra for greasing/brushing
- 90ml Water
- Dried *Marjoram for sprinkling
- Preheat Oven to 250deg Celsius.
- Combine Dry ingredients (except Marjoram) in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre.
- Pour in oil and some of the water and start folding the bread in with a wooden spoon
- Add the rest of the water as needed to make a soft dough ball
- Briefly knead dough and then separate into four parts (I just cut with a knife)
- Roll out the dough balls into the desired shape and size.
- Sprinkle some marjoram on top and lightly roll it in
- Brush flatbreads with oil (both sides) and pop in oven for approx. 10 minutes or until it gets that pale golden baked look.
* You can use Oreganum / Rosemary / other preferred herb instead of Marjoram